Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Spaghetti Squash...


Have you tried it? I hadn't ever tried spaghetti squash until a couple weeks ago. Boy have I been missing out! It is delicious and can be prepared so many ways. Check out a few of the recipes that I have used with spaghetti squash. 

Spaghetti Squash

1 squash
olive oil

Cut your squash lengthwise in half. Place face down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven). Allow squash to cool. Shread squash using a fork, place the spaghetti in a bowl and use immediately or refrigerate for later use. 

Buttery Spaghetti Squash
Take your squash and toss with olive oil or melted butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and then top with parmesan cheese! Quick, easy and delicious! 

Spaghetti Squash Hashbrowns

Heat your skillet and a little oil. Then put in the spaghetti squash. Allow to brown on the first side then turn and brown on the other side. YUM! I haven't tried it but I bet you could add a little egg to the squash in the bowl and then form into hash brown pattys for that variety. 

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

Top squash with your favorite red sauce for a low carb substitute for pasta! 

Spaghetti Squash Side Dish

2 cups shredded spaghetti squash 
1 egg
1/2 cup crushed crackers
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded cheese (your favorite variety)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Heat skillet with a little oil and butter in it. Pour in mixture and allow to brown on each side. 




No comments:

Post a Comment