Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Homemade Waffles for breakfast....yes please!

My family loves waffles and this morning I fixed them from scratch. They were delicious! I have a very small waffle maker so it takes a little while to make enough for all of us, but it is always worth it! 

Waffles
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp white sugar
2 Eggs (Mine were from Blue Bell Farm)
1 1/2 cups warm milk 
1 stick of butter melted
3 tsp vanilla 

Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. Plug in your waffle maker so it can get warmed up. Mix the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Make the waffles according to your makers directions. 

Now comes the fun part....picking your toppings! Whether you top these traditionally with syrup or choose to be a little more creative and use peanut butter and jelly or fruit and whipped cream you will not be disappointed. Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment