Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Monday, May 7, 2012

Life happens.....

I was so excited to tell you all about all the yummy food we were going to enjoy from the Farmers Market this past Tuesday, but then my refrigerator decided this past week would be a good time to break down. So all my delicious cabbages, lettuces, and cheeses were ruined. We were able to enjoy some tortilla chips from Sullivan Farms and eggs from Elmtree and Blue Bell Farm! Here is what I was going to make with my chinese cabbages from Elmtree Farm:

Homemade eggrolls

1 lb pork burger or sausage
2 heads of cabbage (any variety)
shredded carrots to taste
garlic to taste
soy sauce to taste

1 package of eggroll wrappers
1 egg

Brown your burger or sausage and drain. Add shredded cabbage, carrots and garlic and cook until cabbage and carrot have cooked down and are just slightly crunchy. Add soy sauce to taste as it is cooking down.

Whisk one egg with a little water. Using your finger line the outside of the eggroll wrapper with the egg mixture and then place 2 tbsp of pork mixture into eggroll and wrap it up. (Instructions for wrapping are on the package)

Note: I take the leftover pork mixture, add the egg and 1 serving of cooked rice to make fried rice to go with our eggrolls.

I know this is not the healthiest choice for dinner, but every once in awhile my family enjoys homemade chinese takeout. It usually only costs around $15-$20 to feed our family of four!

The good news is the fridge is fixed, spotlessly clean and after it finishes defrosting completely we will be good to go for this week at the market. Come out and see all of our vendors tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment