Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The variety at market is amazing...

This summer market is off to a very hot start and I am not talking temperatures folks! The vendors are amazing and have booths full of delicious foods. Here is what I came home with tonight: 
  • Canna Lily bulbs and Soap from SunStew 
  • Lettuce and Endive from Elmtree Farm
  • Lettuce and Jalapeno jelly from Sullivan Farm 
  • Chicken from Country Neighbors Farm (I got two last week so I am listing one here!) 
  • Broccoli from Shelly Appel
  • Soaps from PureTouch Essentials Soap
  • Feta and Osage Orange cheese from With The Wild Farm 
  • Rainier and Lapins Cherries and Blueberries from Sandy Creek Farm 
  • Peas and Eggs from Blue Bell Farm
  • Nitty Gritty Dirt Farm sold out of Three Seed Bread before I could get some to add to my basket! 
Whew! And that is just a sampling of what the vendors have weekly at our market. I know I just brought it all home tonight, but I have already enjoyed a salad with my lettuces (I mixed them together), snacked on my peas during the market and enjoyed cherries and blueberries for dessert! Oh, I also had to have a little taste of the Osage Orange cheese....delicious!!!!! Our farmers are amazing growers and amazing people! I promise to post pictures of the markets later this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment