Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Look what I brought home from last weeks market...

Since it is already Tuesday and I have pictures of this weeks market to post soon, I am keeping this blog simple! Check out all of the yummy foods we have been eating this past week. As you will notice someone got into the cinnamon rolls from Tea Time Bakery before I could even take a picture! 

I will share one quick recipe. I didn't know what the best way to cook Bok Choy was when I brought it home so I did a quick google search and found out that it can be cooked on the grill. It sounded delicious and so I took their idea and ran with it! Check out the end of this blog for the recipe! 







Grilled Bok Choy: 
1 head of bok choy (Elmtree Farm)
1/4 cup melted butter
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Clean the bok choy and section it. Lay the sections flat on a pan. Mix the butter with salt and pepper. Use a brush to apply the butter to the entire piece of bok choy. Then place buttered side on the grill. Butter the other side and let cook on low/med heat for about 3 minutes per side. The leaves get crispy and the stem stays nice a crunchy! This is a perfect side dish for any dinner with your family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment