Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Broccoli hits the spot.....

Over the last couple markets I have accumulated some delicious broccoli! I enjoy broccoli raw as a snack or part of my lunch at work, but I needed a side dish to take to a potluck dinner tonight so I made this very simple salad! I didn't come home with any so I am guessing everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!!!!



Farm Fresh Broccoli Salad 

4 small heads of broccoli
      (from the Farmers Market)
5 slices of bacon (cooked very crisp so it will crumble easily)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 onion chopped finely

Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup mayonaise
garlic salt and pepper to taste

Combine the broccoli, crumbled bacon, chopped onion and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in dressing.  Chill for at least one hour. I know I will be making this again for gatherings and for dinners at home!





No comments:

Post a Comment