Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Monday, February 13, 2012

Breakfast from the market....

This weekend we enjoyed a number of breakfasts from the market. Making breakfast for my family on the weekends is one of my favorite things because breakfast food is fun to make and most important because it is great family time together! We kicked off the weekend with pancakes and scrambled eggs. The eggs we used are "Easter Eggs" from Blue Bell Farms. Yum! Then on Sunday morning we enjoyed french toast strips made with bread from Sandy Boulden and more of our eggs! My kids love french toast sticks and they are so easy to make!

French toast sticks:
Slice bread into thirds to make your strips. For the four of us I use 8-10 slices of bread. For the dipping batter I use two eggs and then about a cup of milk. Add a splash of vanilla and cinnamon and sugar to taste (I have a cinnamon and sugar grinder that I got at Dent's and Dings in Fayette). Mix your batter well, heat your skillet and add butter to coat the bottom of skillet (just enough so the strips don't stick) dip the strips into batter and then put into skillet. They take a couple minutes per side....just until they are golden. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar! Lily likes to top hers with syrup while C.J. wants to use his as dipping sticks!

Today is a snowy day and I am working and I can't think of a better way to enjoy breakfast than with a couple slices of three seed bread from Nitty Gritty Dirt farm topped with apple cider jelly from Sullivan Farms and a couple cups of hot coffee!

So whether you want a quick and easy breakfast or a full family breakfast....my favorite is to enjoy it with goodies from the Farmers Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment