Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ready to go to market?

I don't know about you, but I am so excited for the market tonight! I was going to wait to post until after I went to market, but I just couldn't wait. I even prepared a Farmers Market dinner last night with one of Country Neighbors Specialty Meats chickens that I had in the freezer! I pulled it out to thaw Monday night and then made a delicious crock pot meal for dinner last night! This chicken was so juicy and tender plus I had everything for dinner in one dish! Less dishes for me...yea!

FM Crockpot Chicken

1 whole chicken
3-4 potatoes cut anyway you like them
1/2 onion sliced
1 apple
1 bell pepper (red, yellow or green) sliced
1/2 clove of garlic
4 tablespoons butter
Salt, pepper and garlic salt (add whatever seasonings you love)

Place potatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic and half of the butter in bottom of crockpot. Season your chicken with salt, pepper and garlic salt on the inside and out. Place remaining butter on the inside of chicken and on top. Cut up your apple and stuff it inside the chicken. Put chicken on top of veggies in crockpot. Add water until veggies are basically covered and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I can't wait to make this again when I have all fresh veggies and herbs to use! This was so easy and I just served it with some bread. My family loved it! There are four of us and I still have half of the chicken left to make another meal. I will let you know what I do. And for the first time I made my own chicken stock! So easy and I can't wait to use it in dishes in the coming weeks. I found lots of recipes for chicken stock on allrecipes.com and they were all about the same so you can pick any of those to use!

I will be taking you to the market tonight, so check back in the next couple days to see what it was all about and what other yummy dishes I will be making!

No comments:

Post a Comment