Welcome!

"Welcome! Thank you for joining my blog. I will be taking you to the farms, to the market, into my kitchen and into my life as the market manager!" ~Kiersten

Friday, February 3, 2012

The girl and the market

I loved what the Fayette Farmers Market was all about from the first time I heard about them so when I decided to start my own business doing marketing and promotions I called them first to get involved. I started helping immediately and started attending all of the markets and taking home all of this delicious food. It had been so long since I enjoyed fresh from the garden produce on a regular basis....I was in heaven! Not to mention all of the delicious bread, cheese, and meat that is also available. Wednesday's around our house became Farmers Market dinner nights and my family loved it, too! The Fayette Farmers Market is an amazing group of people that I love working with as their Market Manager today! So now I am even more involved with the market and I am enjoying every aspect of it...from the people to the food and everything in between. It is so much fun to work with a group that I believe in with my whole heart.

The winter market is in its final two months and we are meeting on the first and third Tuesdays of the month in Market Street Floral from 4-6 pm. We have added four new vendors this winter which has been great! The vendors and what they have been having at the winter market are:

Nitty Gritty Dirt Farms - beef, bread, and homemade soaps
Sullivan Farms - jellies and eggs
Blue Bell Farms - lettuce varieties and eggs
Guy & Abby - Goatsbeard cheeses, pesto, fresh produce
Country Neighbors Specialty Meats - lamb, chickens, turkey sausage, pork sausage
Tea Time - cupcakes, cakes, pies, anything for dessert
Sandy Boulden - bread and cinnamon rolls (she mills her own flour from wheat for these goodies)
Teri Linneman - Gluten free bread and cake
The Olde Farmhouse at Collyott Farms - breads, mixes, fudge, gifts and so much more
Gene & Janet Nuse - eggs

We hope to see you all on February 7th our next market. I will be there with Z Best Coffee (locally roasted in Sturgeon, Mo) for sale by the bag or by the cup as a fundraiser for the market. So come get a cup of coffee and do a little shopping on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment